Thursday, March 03, 2016

Influences for my Music Video



The vintage TV style filters used in-between the brighter live performance shots and close up action shots of the instruments of the band. The flicking between colourful and older looking shots like in my music video between the bright blue shots this goes between colour, vintage colours and black and white effects.



The technical use of the Nikon D3200 to record for this music video showed the capabilities of the camera being able to film in low key lighting to a fast and strenuous pace. Also being able to cope with the live performance element of recording. Also their video Dead Transmission influenced me in the use of the broadcasting old TV/ Radio effects and the use of the static in the background of the performance gave me the idea of having similar effects in my video for some cuts in-between shots.



Gave me ideas for possible shots that could be used for example the close up shot of the singer and the low angle shot of the double bass playing. It again gave me the idea of filming at a live performance as it gave across the energy and the bright colours of the stage lights. Also gave the initial idea of filming from the point of view from the audience (however in the final cut I decided against this as I did not have enough necessary footage).



Having the manual focus option to be able to blur and focus shots quickly for effect. Also this video is partially performance which further showed how typical it is for the genre. This video gave me the main inspiration for the distorted shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment